Friday, September 18, 2009

Shoes, School, and Cleaning.

Well, Head Start was already full so Delainey didn't get accepted.  I received a call last week and they informed me that she is on the waiting list.  She was really looking forward to going to school and riding the bus every day.  We even went out and got her a Tinkerbell book bag.  Oh well, it's been put up and she can use it as soon as she gets in.  She's a very smart little girl but she does need that children interactment.  So, hopefully a spot will open up and she'll get in soon!

Delainey hasn't wanted to clean up her toys lately.  Every time I ask her to clean them up she tells me she will "do it later."  What a procrastinator at 3 years old!  LOL!  I have since started the "garbage bag clean up" and it seems to be working very well!  She gets 3 chances to pick up her toys and if she doesn't and I have to clean them up they go into a garbage bag and she can't have them until the next day.  She's not dealing too well with that but maybe she'll eventually learn that it's her responsibility to keep her toys picked up.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it starts working soon!  :)

So there's this pair of glittery shoes that Chris bought Delainey when we were there back in February to go with her new dress they got for family pictures.  Well, these shoes are now about 2 sizes too small.  Delainey hadn't touched them in awhile and all of a sudden is insisting on wearing them every where we go!  I asked her why she had to wear those and not pick out a different pair and her response was "Because my Daddy got them for me and I like them!"  WOW....she remembers who gets her everything.  She talked to Chris the other day and told him that she needs a new pair of "sprinkly shoes" so he said when she comes to visit he'll take her to look for a new pair!

Looks like we'll be headed to Utah around October 12th.  I hope the weather is nice like it was last October when we were there.  I actually think it was nicer in Utah than it was back here at home.  It should be a nice trip and Delainey is excited to see all of her family out there.  We were actually at the store yesterday and she picked out Isabelle's Christmas present.  She picked out Ki's also but I'm almost certain he wouldn't like a pink stroller...haha!

Random Pics!  =)







1 comment:

  1. Delainey, you sure are getting big. Sure will be nice to see you soon, Greatgrandma will come up from Nevada to see you, maybe we can go shopping again, see you soon, love you. Greatgrandma Granato

    ReplyDelete